Our divorce lawyers have extensive experience in both uncontested and contentious divorces.
We provide legal advice to couples who are going through a sentimental crisis and want to divorce or separate. Our family lawyers enhance the mediation function to always try to achieve a divorce by mutual agreement.
In a divorce, it is important to have a professional specialist in family law to try to reconcile and avoid going to court, that is why we act as mediators always in the interest of the children and both parties, in addition we draft thoroughly the regulatory agreement.
In the case of a divorce by mutual agreement, what points should be contemplated in the regulatory agreement?
- Parental authority, guardianship and custody of minor children.
- Visitation regime with respect to minors.
- Child support and extraordinary expenses.
- Whether or not compensatory pension is applicable.
- Liquidation of community property and distribution of assets.
When the positions between the couples are very distant, there are great discrepancies and there is no other option but to go to court through a contentious divorce, we will watch over the client and the following measures:
- Minor children: parental authority, guardianship and custody and visitation.
- Calculation of child support and extraordinary expenses.
- Defense and opposition of the origin or inappropriateness of the compensatory pension.
- Allocation of the use and enjoyment of community property.
- Post-divorce property settlement .
TG Online- Legal Consulting offers a personalized package of online legal services for the drafting of regulatory agreements and contentious divorce lawsuits, consult our offers in your online family lawyer.
Foreign Divorces: Exequatur
Our family lawyers are experts in international family law. The figure of the exequatur is very frequent to obtain legal effects in Spain of a judgment issued abroad.
What is an exequatur? It is the recognition of foreign judgments in Spain in order for such judgments to have effects in Spain.
The most common exequaturs are those dealing with the following matters:
- Those that establish a maintenance allow ance in favor of the children.
- Those that fix compensatory pension.
- Those that carry out the adjudication of goods and rights.
When do I have to initiate an exequatur procedure?
- When you want to demand the payment of money or pension and whose obligor resides in Spain.
- When you have obtained a divorce abroad and want to remarry.
- When you want to register in the land registry the assets that are awarded in a judgment and the assets are in Spain.
Our family lawyers, experts in compensatory pension , calculate and fix the approximate value for which the pension should be fixed in the agreement or lawsuit, and review whether it should be maintained, modified or terminated .
What is the compensatory pension? It is that which one of the spouses receives once the marital relationship has been terminated through a divorce proceeding, provided that such termination causes an economic deterioration to one of the parties, with the purpose of avoiding an economic imbalance.
When a compensatory pension is fixed judicially, the obligor must strictly comply with what is established in the Judgment or regulatory agreement. In the event that the obligor experiences a substantial change in his economic circumstances and thus a reduction in his finances, he may request a modification of definitive measures to reduce the pension.
TG Online- Legal Consulting offers a personalized package of online legal services in family law, check our offers at your online family lawyer
Our family lawyers, experts in alim ony, calculate and fix the approximate value at which the alimony should be fixed; they review whether it should be maintained, modified or terminated .
What is alimony? It is the obligation imposed on the non-custodial parent for the subsistence of his or her child. It should be noted that the obligor may be the child in favor of the parents.
When alimony is judicially fixed, the obligor must strictly comply with what is established in the Judgment or regulatory agreement. In the event that the obligor experiences a substantial change in economic circumstances and thus a reduction in its economy, it may request a modification of definitive measures to reduce the quota.
TG Online- Legal Consulting offers a package of online legal services in personalized family law matters, check our offers at your online family lawyer.
Gender violence in the family
Our family lawyers are experienced in family criminal proceedings. We offer legal assistance to the detainee 24 hours a day in Madrid for arrests related to gender violence; additionally we study the criminal and civil case together to implement the best strategy in defense of the rights and interests of our client, whether victim, investigated or affected.
The legal advice offered by TG Legal Consulting includes:
- Legal assistance at the police station
- Protection order: restraining order, suspension of visitation, etc.
- Speedy trials and abbreviated proceedings: From the complaint to the sentence
- Appeals of court rulings on gender violence.
- Advice on the rights of the victim
- Thorough analysis in divorce proceedings taking into account the facts with criminal relevance.
Inheritance and wills
Our lawyers specialized in inheritance and wills advise the client on legal and tax matters.
We strongly recommend to our clients the drafting of their will to indicate their wishes regarding the distribution of their assets after their death and thus avoid conflicts among the heirs.
If you want to make a will, ask us for legal advice to avoid challenges to your will, it is important to be advised by a lawyer specializing in inheritance so that the wording is in accordance with the law.
How do our inheritance lawyers work?
We advise the heirs, from the acceptance or renunciation of the inheritance to the distribution and adjudication of the assets.
- Legal advice for renunciation or acceptance of inheritance.
- Arrangements: our administration department - your online manager - ( gestor online gestiones) offers the possibility of taking care of the opening of the inheritance by obtaining the certificate of last wills, death certificate and certificate of insurance contracts of death of the deceased.
- Contact to all heirs to try to reach an agreement.
- Investigation of the deceased's assets and bank accounts.
- Tax study
- In case of acceptance: Preparation of the inventory for distribution and adjudication
TG Online- Legal Consulting offers a personalized package of online legal services in inheritance issues, check our offers at your online inheritance lawyer.
Incapacities, guardianships and conservatorships
Our family lawyers specializing in legal incapacity advise family members in the event that a family member is mentally ill or has impaired capacity to act.
Judicial incapacitation is a legal mechanism created for the protection of the person affected by mental illness or persistent deficiencies (physical or mental), in order to appoint a guardian or conservator, who will be responsible for administering the assets of the incapacitated person and act on his or her behalf.
Who can request the incapacitation of a person of legal age?
- Parents or siblings.
- Public Prosecutor's Office.
The incapacitation application drafted by our attorneys will include the following points:
- Proposal of a guardian or conservator.
- Extent of disability and regime.
- Application for residential care if applicable.
- Accountability of the guardian or conservator.
Adoptions and guardianship of minors
Our family lawyers specialized in adoption and guardianship of minors offer international legal advice to residents and non-residents regardless of their nationality.
We are experts in international and domestic adoptions. We inform you of some requirements:
- That the parents of the minor have been deprived of parental authority.
- That the biological parents give their consent or assent (in the case of newborns, a minimum of 30 days must elapse between birth and assent).
- The child is stateless (has no parentage or nationality).
TG Online- Legal Consulting offers a personalized package of online legal services in adoption and guardianship of minors, check our offers in your online lawyer.